- The A4988 is a complete Microstepping Motor Driver with built-in translator for easy operation.
- The driver has a maximum output capacity of 35 V and ± 2 A. It can operate bipolar stepper motors in full-, half-, quarter-, eighth-, and sixteenth-step modes.
- The translator is the key to the easy implementation of the A4988 Simply inputting one pulse on the STEP input drives the motor one microstep.
- There are no phase sequence tables, high frequency control lines, or complex interfaces to program.
- The A4988 interface is an ideal fit for applications where a complex microprocessor is unavailable or is overburdened.
- Simple step and direction control interface Five different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, quarter-step, eighth-step, and sixteenth-step Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor rated voltage to achieve higher step rates Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay) Over-temperature thermal shutdown, under-voltage lockout, and crossover-current protection Short-to-ground and shorted-load protection
- Used to control the speed and rotation of stepper motor.
- It is used in robotics to control their motion.
- It is used in different toys.