- ADXL345 Accelerometer Module
- The ADXL345 is a small, low power, complete 3-axis MEMS accelerometer modules with both I2C and SPI interfaces.
- The ADXL345 board features on-board 3.3V voltage regulator and level shifter, which makes it simple to interface with 5V microcontrollers such as the Arduino.
- This ADXL345 Accelerometer module consists of an ADXL345 Accelerometer IC, Voltage Regulator IC, Level Shifter IC, resistors, and capacitors in an integrated circuit. Different manufacturers use a different voltage regulator IC.
- ADXL345 IC from Analog Devices is the brain of this module. The ADXL345 is a small, thin, low power, complete 3-axis accelerometer with signal conditioned voltage outputs. The product measures acceleration with a minimum full-scale range of ±16g.
How to Use the ADXL345 Accelerometer Module
- ADXL345 Accelerometer module consists of 8 pins. Using the ADXL345 module with a microcontroller is very easy. Connect VCC and GND pins to 5V and GND pins of Microcontroller. Also, connect SCL and SDA pins to the SCL and SDA pins of Arduino.
- The basic structure of the accelerometer consists of fixed plates and moving plates. When the acceleration is applied on an axis capacitance between fixed plates and moving plates is changed. This results in a sensor output voltage amplitude, which is proportional to the acceleration.
Applications of ADXL345 Accelerometer
- Cost-sensitive, low power, motion- and tilt-sensing applications
- Mobile devices
- Gaming systems
- Disk drive protection
- Image stabilization
- Sports and health devices