- The AT89S52 comes from the popular 8051 family of Atmel Microcontrollers. It is an 8-bit CMOS microcontroller with 8K as Flash memory and 256 bytes of RAM. Since it is similar to the trust worthy 8051 architecture these microcontrollers are as per industry standard.
- It has 32 I/O pins comprising of three 16-bit timers, external interrupts, full-duplex serial port, on-chip oscillator and clock circuitry.
- The Microcontroller also has Operating mode, Idle Mode and Power down mode which makes it suitable for battery operated applications. Few considerable drawback of the microcontroller is that it does not have in-built ADC and does not support SPI or I2C protocols. However you can utilise external modules for the same.
- Very good choice if you are learning ATmel
- Projects requiring Multiple I/O interfaces and communications
- Replacement for Arduino Module
- Ideal for more advanced level A/D applications in automotive, industrial, appliances and consumer applications.