- KY-023 Arduino joystick module, it uses a biaxial potentiometer to control the X and Y axis. When pushed down, it activates a switch. Based on the PS2 controller’s joystick, it’s used to control a wide range of projects from RC vehicles to color LEDs.
- Arduino joystick module KY-023 consists of two potentiometers 10k perpendicularly placed to control the X and Y axes by changing resistance when moving the joystick. A push button is activated when the joystick is pushed down on the Z axis.
- Dual Axis Joystick Module
- Dimensions: 40 x 27 x 15 (LxWxH) mm
- Weight: 10gm (without Hat).
- 2.54mm pin interface leads
- Operating Voltage: 5V
- Cross rocker as a two-way 10K resistor, with the rocker in a different direction
- With the help of this Joystick Module, you can measure position coordinates on the X and Y axis by moving the “hat”. It also contains a switch that is press-able by pushing the “hat”. It also contains a switch that is press-able by pushing the “hat” down. Similar to the XBOX controller.
- The X and Y axes are two 10k potentiometers which control 2D movement by generating analog signals. When the module is in working mode, it will output two analog values, representing two directions.
- This module uses the 5V power supply, and value, when reading through analog input, would be about 2.5V, a value will increase with joystick movement and will go up till maximum 5V; the value will decrease when the joystick is moved in other direction till 0V.