- L293D is a basic motor driver integrated chip (IC) that enables us to drive a DC motor in either direction and also control the speed of the motor. The L293D is a 16 pin IC, with 8 pins on each side, allowing us to control the motor. It means that we can use a single L293D to run up to two DC motors.
- L293D consist of two H-bridge circuit. H-bridge is the simplest circuit for changing polarity across the load connected to it.
- There are 2 OUTPUT pins, 2 INPUT pins, and 1 ENABLE pin for driving each motor.
- It is designed to drive inductive loads such as solenoids, relays, DC motors, and bipolar stepper motors, as well as other high-current/high-voltage loads.
L293d Motor driver
- Wide Supply-Voltage Range: 4.5 V to 36 V
- Separate Input-Logic Supply
- Internal ESD Protection
- High-Noise-Immunity Inputs
- Output Current 600 mA Per Channel
- Peak Output Current 1.2 A Per Channel
- Output Clamp Diodes for Inductive Transient Suppression
- Operation Temperature 0°C to 70°C.
- Automatic thermal shutdown is available