- MAX30100 is a multipurpose sensor used for multiple applications. It is a heart rate monitoring sensor along with a pulse oximeter. The sensor comprises two Light Emitting Diodes, a photodetector, and a series of low noise signal processing devices to detect heart rate and to perform pulse oximetry.
- The pulse oximeter uses an I2C communication protocol in order to communicate with the microcontroller Arduino. The connections are pretty simple and you can easily make your own Ardunio oximeter.
- Vin is connected to the 3.3V port of Arduino since the operating voltage of the module is 1.8V-3.3V. The ground terminal of the oximeter is connected to the ground of the Arduino. As part of the communication protocol, two pins which are the SCL and SDA are connected to the Arduino’s A5 and A4 pins, respectively. The INT pin on the module is also connected to the microcontroller’s Digital Pin 2 to check if the heartbeat is captured properly.
- Medical Oxygen measurement devices
- Wearable Devices
- Fitness Assistant systems