- MLX90614 is an infrared thermometer for non-contact temperature measurements.
- Both the IR sensitive thermopile detector chip and the signal conditioning ASIC are integrated in the same TO-39 can.
- Integrated into the MLX90614 are a low noise amplifier, 17-bit ADC and powerful DSP unit thus achieving high accuracy and resolution of the thermometer.
- The thermometer comes factory calibrated with a digital SMBus output giving full access to the measured temperature in the complete temperature range(s) with a resolution of 0.02°C.
- The user can configure the digital output to be pulse width modulation (PWM). As a standard, the 10-bit PWM is configured to continuously transmit the measured temperature in range of -20 to 120°C, with an output resolution of 0.14°C.
- High precision non-contact temperature measurements
- Thermal Comfort sensor for Mobile Air Conditioning control system
- Temperature sensing element for residential,commercial and industrial building airc onditioning Windshield defogging
- Automotive blind angle detection
- Industrial temperature control of moving parts
- Temperature control in printers and copiers
- Home appliances with temperature control
- Livestock monitoring
- Movement detection
- Multiple zone temperature control – up to 127 sensors can be read via common 2 wires
- Thermal relay / alert
- Body temperature measurement