- If you are trying to only detect (not measuring ppm) the presence of a gas then you can buy it as a module since it comes with an op-amp comparator and a digital out pin. But if you planning to measure the ppm of a gas it is recommended to buy the sensor alone (without module).
- The MQ-2 Gas sensor can detect or measure gasses like LPG, Alcohol, Propane, Hydrogen, CO and even methane. The module version of this sensor comes with a Digital Pin which makes this sensor to operate even without a microcontroller and that comes in handy when you are only trying to detect one particular gas. When it comes to measuring the gas in ppm the analog pin has to be used, the analog pin also TTL driven and works on 5V and hence can be used with most common microcontrollers. So if you are looking for a sensor to detect or measure gasses like LPG, Alcohol, Propane, Hydrogen, CO and even methane with or without a microcontroller then this sensor might be the right choice for you.
- Detecting LPG, i-butane, propane, methane, alcohol, hydrogen and smoke
- Detects or measure Gases like LPG, Alcohol, Propane, Hydrogen, CO and even methane
- Air quality monitor
- Gas leak alarm
- Safety standard maintenance
- Maintaining environment standards in hospital