Light Dependent Resistor
- A photoresistor or light-dependent resistor (LDR) or photocell is a light-controlled variable resistor.
- The resistance of a photoresistor decreases with increasing incident light intensity.
- It exhibits photoconductivity.
- Can be applied in light-sensitive detector circuits, and light- and dark-activated switching circuits.
- Can be used to sense Light
- Easy to use on Breadboard or Perf Board
- Easy to use with Microcontrollers or even with normal Digital/Analog IC
- Small, cheap and easily available