- Arduino Pro Mini is a compact, small-sized & application-type microcontroller board, developed by Arduino.cc and comes with an Atmega328 microcontroller incorporated on the board.
- This board comes with 14 Digital I/O Pins, out of which 6 pins are used for providing PWM output.
- Arduino Pro Mini Pinout also consists of 8 Analog Pins.
- The size of Arduino Pro Mini is 1/6th of the size of Arduino Uno, so it’s quite small as compared to Arduino UNO.
- In order to reduce the size, the USB port & built-in programmer are removed from Arduino Pro Mini, so after uploading code you can simply place it in your application
- Arduino Pro Mini also has a Reset Button and a small LED connected to pin number 13
Arduino Pro Mini comes with 3 types of built-in memories:
- Flash Memory of 32KB out of which 0.5KB is used by the bootloader code. Flash Memory is a non-volatile memory and is used for storing the programming code. As it’s a non-volatile memory so it stores information even if the connection with the power supply is lost.
- SRAM of 2KB. SRAM(Static Random Access Memory) usually referred to as RAM memory is a volatile memory and is used to store temporary data i.e. variables. It loses data if we cut off the power supply.
- EEPROM of 1KB. EEPROM is a semi-volatile memory and thus can be erased by programming.
Arduino Pro Mini stand out from others, especially where space requirement of the project is highly concerned.
- IoT applications.
- Embedded systems.
- Home automation.
- Display Systems.