- A diode is an electronic device that allows flowing current only in one direction, for example a one way road where traffic can go only in one way or direction.
- The 1N4148 diode also works as way, it is a most popular and famous silicon diode from many years and it is manufactured by several electronics components manufacturers.
- The main reasons of its mass uses in electronics are its interesting specifications and features in a small package and low cost. It is available in many different types of packages such as DO-35 glass and many other SMD packages, it is also a fast switching diode with a speed of 4 nanoseconds with 100V reverse and with max power dissipation of 0.5W.
- 1N4148 can be used in variety of electronics applications it can be used to where you have requirement of making AC current to DC, it can be used to block voltage spikes to protect electronic components from burning inside or damage, it can also be used in digital logic circuits. Moreover it also work well in battery charger circuits, power supply circuits and voltage doubler circuits.
1N4148 Replacement and Equivalent
- 14448, 1N4150, 1N4151, 1N4448WS, 1N914, 1N916A
- High speed switching
- General switching
- Components protection
- Blocking incoming voltage where not required
- Signal filtering