- The IC HT12D can be used only with its pair HT12E. These two ICs together form an Encoder and Decoder pair. They are 12-bit Encoders/Decoders, meaning they can transmit 12-bit a data among them. But your encoder IC should not communicate with someone else’s decoder IC, so an Encoder and Decoder IC pair will share a common Address which is an 8-bit data. So out of the 12-bits 8-bits will be used to set address and the remaining 4-bit will be used to transmit data.
- With 4-bit data we can create 16 types (2^4 =16) of combinations. These IC’s are commonly used with RF pairs or IR pairs. So if you are working on a project which has to transmit a 4-bit data from one end to other either by wire or wireless then this IC pair will be best suited for you.
- Used to convert Parallel 4-bit data to series data
- Highly useful in wireless communication projects involving RF or IR
- Remote controlled systems like garage doors, Car alarm system, Car door controls etc.
- Can be used in Home automation for short range remote switching
- Safety systems like Burglar alarm system, Smoke or Fire alarm system etc..