- MAX7219 – 8-Digit LED Display Driver IC
- The MAX7219 is an IC designed to control a 8×8 LED MATRIX.
- The IC is serial input common-cathode (Common Negative) display drivers that interface microprocessors (or microcontroller) to 7-segment numeric LED displays of up to 8 digits, bar-graph displays, or 64 individual LEDs.
- Operating voltage range: +4.0 to +5.5V
- Recommended operating voltage: +5V
- Maximum supply voltage: 6V
- Maximum current allowed to draw through each segment pin: 100mA
- Maximum current allowed to through each DIGIT ground pin: 500mA
- Low power consumption
- Data-to-Segment Delay Time: 2.2mSec
- Operating temperature: 0°C to +70°C